Call 866-803-0490 or email Sales@avant-gardesystems.com to arrange shipping
Dramatically reduce costly forklift accidents
There are an estimated 68,000 forklift accidents each year. These accidents injure 90,000 workers, cause substantial property damage, disrupt business operations, and result in worker compensation claims costing companies millions of dollars in losses. Many of these accidents are caused by collisions between forklifts and rollup doors as well as overhead equipment and fixtures.
The Watchman is a visual and audio warning device that alerts forklift operators and management of impending collisions involving forklifts, doors and fixtures before they happen.
Use of the Watchman conveys the importance management places on safety and safe forklift operating principles.
How it works:
• The Watchman installs in front of and slightly below the overhead door or fixture to be protected.
• If the Watchman is hit by a forklift truck or load, the impact sets off a loud 105dB alarm and flashing red lights.
• The alarm and flashing lights signal the driver to immediately STOP and alerts management of the incident.
1. Flashing lights (with protective guards) – Red lights activate on impact for a user adjustable time of either 4 or 8 seconds
2. Impact resistant ABS tubing – Safety yellow ABS tubing resists fading and cracking and is far more durable than PVC
3. Easy installation – Comes pre-assembled with ceiling mount cable connection units are hung from above using aircraft cable (not supplied)
4. Available lengths – 8’ and 10’
5. Optional remote notification – The Watchman outputs a dry contact on impact. The output can be used to activate another device such as anÂ external light or alarm installed remotely from the Watchman
6. Highly audible alarm – A very loud 105 decibel alarm activates on impact for a user adjustable time of either 4 or 8 seconds
7. AC power option – Operates with a 115v or 230v power supply
8. Battery power option – Uses standard alkaline batteries that last approximately 2 years. Changing batteries is quick and easy; takes only minutes. Low battery chirp when the batteries need to be changed, similar to a smoke detector
9. Certifications – The Watchman is CE marked
Q: Is the tube going to crack? A: No, the Watchman tube is made from ABS plastic, which is more durable than PVC.
Q: Can I hear the alarm in the office? A: Yes. The Watchman alarm sound level is 105 decibels. To put this into context, the noise level of a chain saw is 100 decibels.
Q: How long will the batteries last? A: Fresh alkaline batteries will operate the Watchman up to 2 years in normal operation.
Q: How hard is it to change the batteries? A: It’s really easy. Undo one screw, remove the battery end and battery pack, replace the batteries, slide on the end, and reinsert the screw. The Watchman does not have to be taken down and the entire process takes only minutes.
Q: How will I know when the batteries need to be changed? A: The Watchman will “chirp”, similar to a smoke detector when the batteries need to be changed.
Q: What is the warranty? A: The Watchman is warranted for one year and is manufactured by Alvarado Mfg. Co. which has been in business for over 50 years.